Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Doctor Strange: Coming Soon to a Theater Near You?

The president of Marvel Studios told MTV today that Doctor Strange is very likely to be the next Marvel character receiving the film treatment, right after they finish up with Avengers. People who are unfamiliar with the character may not think this is all too exciting, but trust me when I say that he is one of Marvel’s best characters that has so far gone untapped in the movie world (other than a straight-to-DVD animated movie released last year). Unlike some of the more "realistic" or technology-based superheroes we've seen in film lately, Doctor Strange is a magic-based character who I think would make for a very different kind of movie (in a good way). I will definitely be looking forward to more announcements about this movie.

In other comic book movie news, it seems there will be more Nick Fury in Iron Man 2, and that Daniel Craig turned down the role of Thor. I think we can all agree that both of those things are good news. Craig may be a good Bond, but a flying, helmeted, hammer-toting god of thunder he is not.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah! its much better,

Josh Brunsting said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment!

On The Mist...I totally agree with you. I think the film is great all by itself, but that ending made it that much better.

I'm actually really interested in seeing what they could do with a Dr. Strange film...

Josh Brunsting said...

Oh! I and want to just say that you have a pretty nice blog yourself!

Anonymous said...

very cool.

Anonymous said...

well its nice to know that you have great hits here.